Ready to Participate?
Ready to Participate?
Get Started!
Log In

Interested in doing a Celta course. English is reasonably good but I have no A Levels. Is it possible to do the course &exert myself or do I need more qualification. Or is there any other way that you can give me to eventually start the course. Thank you

asked in English teaching

Aiming4777 answers:

To enrol on a CELTA course, ideally you should have a standard of education equivalent to that required for entry into higher education (university). Some centres may still accept you if you do not have formal qualifications at this level but can demonstrate that you would be likely to complete the course successfully.

Obviously, you must have an awareness of language and a competence in English, both written and spoken, that enables you to undertake the course and prepare for teaching a range of levels.

Many overseas employers will accept this qualification for a TESOL position but if you want to work in Further, Adult or Community Education in England and Wales you will need CELTA as Module One of a two-module course leading to the a Certificate in Further Education Teaching at Stage 3 or a Certificate for ESOL Subject Specialists. These qualifications meet the UK government's teacher training requirements for people who want to work in this sector.

/ reply


No Comments