Ready to Participate?
Ready to Participate?
Get Started!
Log In

How can I get planning permission to turn a pub into a house
I have a pub that has failed and its worth is £500000 but would be house worth £1300000 if planning permission granted
asked in house investment planning

siasl74 answers:

You go to www.planningportal.gov.uk and find out where your local planning authority is. You then contact them and ask for the relevant forms (or you may be able to do it online).

In addition, they may be able to advise you on anything that you might need to do to the property to help the planning application - e.g. tear up a carpark and make a nice garden?

Basically, you will be applying for planning permission for change of use of the property - i.e. converting it to residential accommodation. I've heard that in some places this can be a bit of a struggle to get the council to agree, but it is possible.

/ reply


No Comments