Ready to Participate?
Ready to Participate?
Get Started!
Log In

Is there a key to type 3/4 (three quarters) without having to type "3 slash 4" ?

asked in pc, computer

beeper_spryte answers:

press and hold the "alt" key and type 0190 on your number pad. if it's for word only, you can create your own shortcut key.

¾ (see?)


/ reply

xoloriib answers:

If you want to go to a little trouble you can install the US international keyboard through control panel. Then you can press right Alt 8 to produce ¾

/ reply

imfeduptoo answers:

If you go to 'Start' then 'Run' then type into the box that comes up 'charmap' you will find almost every symbol you could want.#Click on 'select' then 'copy' and paste the symbol where you want it.

This sounds complicated but only takes a few seconds.

Supplement from 08/30/2008 06:12pm:

Ignore the # before click - my finger slipped!

/ reply

Messerwisser answers:

All special signs you do not find on your keyboard can often be found in the Word program and copied from there.
'Insert - symbol' or something like that.

/ reply

Aiming4777 answers:

If you use the Character Map, as suggested by Imfeduptoo (which is also available from the Start menu, if you're a mouse user; Start-Programs-System Tools - Character Map), when you select any character it will show the key code required in the bottom corner. This is the code to type in (in this case ALT + 0190) as described by Bleeper. This means that once you've looked up a character, you can note down or remember the code number to save using the Character map for common symbols.

Supplement from 08/30/2008 11:32pm:

Worth mentioning, the ALT + code only works on a numeric keypad and not the number keys along the top row of the keyboard. This means it might not be available if you use a laptop.

/ reply


No Comments