Ready to Participate?
Ready to Participate?
Get Started!
Log In

How can me and my partner apply for pemarnant residence in australia
My cousin has said she will sponsor us but how can we hurry the process?
asked in travel

mercman99 answers:

You can't hurry the process unless the Australian Government needs, very quickly, the skills that you and your partner may have.
As long as you are financialy solvent, below 45 years of age,have no criminal convictions(odd that it used to be a necessity)and no major health problems you'll get in,but time won't fly by while the process goes through the motions.

/ reply

Russel.West answers:

Depends on many thing - you cash in bank, if you have a preffred skill and if you will be a prime producer. beware contact Australia House here in London and check it out.

/ reply

Aiming4777 answers:

You say your partner ... you will need to be married to make a joint application for immigration to Australia. Normally, a cousin cannot sponsor your application unless you (and your spouse) have no brothers, sisters, non-dependent children, parents (or step-equivalents) other than those in Australia. Unless this is the case, you will need to qualify for immigration in your own right.

Unless you are the remaining parent of an Australian citizen, there is no way to fast track this process. See this link for details about applying:http://www.immi.gov.au/immigration/

Supplement from 12/14/2008 01:16am:

I see from your comments below that you claim to be an Australian citizen yourself. If so, you might be able to apply for an immigration visa as returning resident. to qualify though, you need to have spent at least nine of your first 18 years in Australia as a permanent resident. Again, for your partner to be included in your application, they must be your spouse. You can follow the Migrants > Permanent Residents links from the above Website.

/ reply


No Comments